The Institute of Science and Technology Austria is inviting applications for up to 12 ISTplus Postdocs Positions in Austria. Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply for these positions.
The IST plus postdoc program is funded through the Marie Sk?Sklodowska-Curie Actions, a type of co-funding for regional, national and international programs that finance fellowships involving mobility to or from another country.
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is a young international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural and mathematical sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna.
Course Level: Positions are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: ISTplus is a coherently integrated program with strong monitoring, evaluation, and follow-up. It offers two-year fellowships for highly qualified, incoming postdocs with the following features:
- Open, bottom-up international recruiting process
- Truly interdisciplinary research options
- Targeted Competence Building program
- Secondment scheme with an intersectoral network of partners
Scholarship Award: Applications to the ISTplus program are welcome from all scientific fields currently represented at IST Austria. ISTplus fellows will receive two-year, full-time employment contracts with an internationally competitive salary and full social security coverage. Fellows will have access to career counseling and opportunities to take paid “intersectoral” internships with partners from non-academic institutions in the industry and the public sector.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 12 per call.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicants must fulfil the Marie Curie mobility requirements in order to be selected. Applicants must either be relocating to Austria. Candidates already located in Austria are only eligible if they have been in Austria for a total of fewer than 12 months during the 3 years previous to the deadline of the respective Call.
- You must have formally completed all requirements of your PhD and provide a copy of your diploma prior to the start of your employment (which cannot be later than 5 months after the fellowship offer is issued).
- Your proposed research must match with the research carried out on campus.
- Postdocs who are already employed at IST Austria are not eligible to apply.
- All applications must include the ethics self-assessment form to be considered eligible.
- For additional requirements related specifically to the requirements of the application please carefully review the Guide for Applicants.
Nationality: Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: The official language of the institute is English. In order to help fellows integrate into the host country, IST offers German-language courses on campus.
How to Apply: All application documents, including reference letters, must be submitted no later than 23:59 on the application deadline (March 15th or September 15th). All applications which are incomplete at the application deadline will be considered ineligible and no exceptions will be made for providing reference letters or other application materials after the deadline.
This is the section for uploading documents. For your application to be considered complete and eligible you must upload the following:
- Career motivation letter
- Research statement/proposal (preferably 2-3 pages)
- Completed Ethical Issues Table (available here).
- The ethical issues table must be fully completed. If it is determined that you have uploaded an incomplete ethical issues table, you will be asked to re-submit a completed table, provided your application was otherwise complete and submitted by the deadline. *All documents must be in pdf format.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is September 15, 2017.