Applications are been submitted for the 2018 National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) , this financial aid scheme is to support students school in South Africa.Eligible persons are welcome to apply but all applications should be submitted before the stated deadline.
NSFAS is a loan and bursary scheme funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training for those who do not have the financial means to fund their studies and / or cannot access bank funding, study loans or bursaries.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2017.
- Are you in need of financial assistance to study at a tertiary institution?
- Apply for a National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) study loan or bursary through the Financial Aid Bureaus at your tertiary institution or directly through the online application with the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
• Grade 12 learners from poor and working class families who cannot afford to pay for their studies
• Eligible students who were not funded in the previous years
You are able to apply on the NSFAS website if you are studying at:
University of South Africa; Durban University of Technology; Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University; University of Venda; Sol Plaatjie University; University of Mpumalanga;
Selected TVET COLLEGES:
King Hintsa TVET College; Motheo TVET College; Umfolozi TVET College; South Cape TVET College; and Ekhurhuleni East College.
When you provide your cell phone number on the application form, make sure it works and please do not change it afterwards, as NSFAS will use it to communicate with you during and after the application process. Please do not provide someone else’s cell phone number as your contact number.
You must not apply if:
– You have already applied and have an application reference number
– You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET college
– You already have NSFAS funding for 2017
– You are not a South African citizen
E. For postgraduate studies, only students who plan to do the following postgraduate qualification may apply:
1. B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
2. B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
3. Postgraduate Certificate in Education
4. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, and
To apply on the NSFAS website, you will be required to register first to create your personal online account, and then proceed to fill and submit the application form online.
Make sure you have electronic (and certified copies) of the following:
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
- Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
For More Information: