The aim of the scholarships is to support outstanding students in all governorates.
The German University in Cairo, GUC, is an Egyptian Private University. The German University in Cairo is an independent, non-profit oriented Egyptian private institution, managed by a consortium of Germans and Egyptians.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue degree programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in all scientific and research fields.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Study fees throughout the whole study period (four or five academic years as per the chosen study group)
- Accommodation based on availability (for non-Cairo residents)
- Transportation (for non-Cairo residents)
- Admission Test fees
- Lab insurance
Numbers of Scholarships: fifty-four scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Egypt
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant should be an Egyptian citizen.
- Applicant should be among top-ranked Al-Thanaweya Al-Amma holders on the Governorates level for the same year of admission.
- Applicant has to pass GUC admission tests.
- For faculties of Applied Sciences and Arts or Architecture Engineering passing the aptitude exam is a must.
- Scholarship holders shall register for the full semester load of the regular student as per the study programs’ curricula.
- Students have to graduate in the minimum graduation period required for each study group.
- Applicants should abide by all GUC bylaws and regulation, as well as GUC housing regulation.
- Students receiving scholarships will maintain their scholarship so long as their overall GPA is better than 3.00 (C)
Nationality: Egyptian applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be among top-ranked Al-Thanaweya Al-Amma holders on the Governorates level.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- Bayan Daragat of Thanaweya Amma certificate
- Original Birth Certificate
- An official letter from the school stamped by educational zone confirming:
- That the student’s school is a public school
- Student’s rank on the Governorate (only top ten ranked students from each governorate are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- 6 Passport size Photos
- Military Service Form (Namouzag 2 Gond), for Egyptian male students only
- An Essay/Motivation letter explaining the special characteristics of your own governorate as well as your ideas/vision for development plans Presence of applicant’s legal guardian is a MUST upon submission of originals to sign on required GUC Admission documents.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 30, 2017.