Applicants are invited to apply for the HEC Science Scholarship Scheme for Undergraduate Program in Pakistan, 2017.This scholarship program is sponsored by The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Pakistani /AJK Nationals are eligible to apply for this scholarship program. The objective of this scholarship program is to ensure that that the scholars who have an aptitude towards science and are outstanding in their studies could be productive scientists for future by developing their critical thinking skills.
The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan is an independent, autonomous, and constitutionally established institution of primary funding, overseeing, regulating, and accrediting the higher education efforts in Pakistan.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: The scholarships are being offered in the discipline of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and their sub-disciplines. The complete information regarding Sub-disciplines and universities is available on HEC website.
Scholarship Award: Specialized Interventions
- The scholars shall be provided laptop once during the studies for online access to the latest research in their respective fields.
- A three to four months/Semester-long noncredit hour language course shall be arranged in the selected universities during the first year of studies for the scholars under the scheme to enhance their spoken and expression skills of English Language.
- Every scholar shall appear in the IELTS/TOEFL examination conducted by relevant organizations periodically within six months’ time period after the completion of English language course to measure his/her language proficiency.
- A special summer semester shall be arranged for the scholars at participating universities to attend the lectures and to carry out research activities during the second year of study. Scholars shall be encouraged to design the proposal for the final year project.
- One hundred outstanding scholars shall be sent abroad each year in the third year of their study to attend a semester at a high ranking foreign university of the technologically advanced country in their respective field of study.
- Research Project shall be mandatory for all Scholars in their final year of BS studies under the Science Talent Farming Scheme. The scholars are expected to start designing the research project in the second year of studies. The universities shall be asked to provide the lab facilities and supervision during the summer vacations.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Pakistan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicant must be Pakistani /AJK National.
- Applicants who have secured minimum 60% marks in SSC with Science and minimum 70% marks in HSSC (Part-I) examination with science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics and are appearing in 2ndyear HSSC examination from Pakistani Educational System are eligible to apply. The scholars have to secure minimum 70% marks in HSSC (Part II).
- Candidates who have passed their HSSC in Annual 2016 examination are also eligible to apply if they have secured at least 70% marks in HSSC (Part 1) examination and also have secured aggregate 70% marks in HSSC. They have to get fresh enrolments in the identified disciplines at the selected universities in Fall 2017 semester.
- Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks in HEC Scholarship Test.
- Candidates who are already availing another scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Candidate having dual nationality is not eligible to apply.
Nationality: Pakistani /AJK Nationals are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants who have secured minimum 60% marks in SSC with Science and minimum 70% marks in HSSC (Part-I) examination with science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics and are appearing in 2nd year HSSC examination from Pakistani Educational System are eligible to apply.
English Language Requirements: Every scholar shall appear in the IELTS/TOEFL examination conducted by relevant organizations periodically within six months’ time period after the completion of English language course to measure his/her language proficiency.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit only online applications available at HEC website. They are advised to retain a printed copy of the application with them which shall be required from the shortlisted candidates only along with other documents at later stages.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is July 16, 2017.