The competition is open to all developers, working solo or in teams of up to seven. Dream.Build.Play is a global community of game makers, its mission is simple: Elevate the industry by connecting, showcasing and rewarding talent and innovation. Whether you’re new to this industry or a seasoned veteran, all game makers are welcome.
The Microsoft will provide four (4) grand prizes of $225,000 USD. There is one (1) grand prize per category- (Cloud-powered game – $100,000, USD PC game – $50,000 USD, Mixed reality game – $50,000 USD, and Console game – $25,000 USD).
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington. Microsoft was founded by Paul Allen and Bill Gates on April 4, 1975, to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800.Gage Marketing Group, LLC was founded in 1992, operates as a marketing agency that specializes in promotion, relationship, and digital marketing.
Go solo or assemble a team of up to 7 members (including you) to create your Universal Windows Platform (UWP)game and enter it in one or more of the following categories: PC game, Console game, Mixed reality game and Cloud-powered game.
You are eligible to enter this Challenge if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- If you are a legal resident in your place of residence and 18 years of age or older as of June 27, 2017, are eligible to apply.
- If you are 18 years of age or older but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter, eligible to apply.
- You have the technical programming education, experience and/or knowledge to create games for Universal Windows Platform (UWP), are eligible to apply.
- You are not a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria, you are eligible to apply.
- Note: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- If you are not an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, are eligible to apply.
- If you are not an employee of any company or organization that is involved in the provision of prizes, equipment or materials for this Challenge are eligible to apply.
- If you are not involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge are eligible to apply.
- If you are not an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, and child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge, are eligible to apply.
- If you create and submit your game in English
- If you’re employed by a game development company that has 7 or more employees, you are eligible as long as your submission was not developed as a part of your job or for pay.
- If you are employed by an independent game developer with fewer than 7 employees, your submission is eligible if it was developed as part of your job/for pay. Of course, if you’re just a straight-up independent developer, welcome!
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant must register or sing up through the given link: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/dream-build-play-registration
An Entry may be submitted in one (1) or more of the following categories:
- Cloud-powered game
- PC game
- Mixed reality game
- Console game
To create an entry, each team must create a playable UWP game. An entry (“Entry” or “Entries”) consists of the following elements:
- Game Title
- Windows Store ID: Entry must be submitted and approved in the store but does not need to be publicly available.
- Game Description: Up to a maximum of 2,000 characters. If pre-existing source code is incorporated into the Game, then this pre-existing source code must be clearly identified in the Game Description and must not infringe on any third-party rights, and must be used in accordance with all applicable licensing and use Official Rules;
- Game Icon: .jpg format. Cannot exceed a maximum file size of 2MB.
- Screen Shots – five (5): In .jpg format, which captures the play and style of the Game as accurately as possible and contains no unfinished artwork or graphical artifacts? Each screenshot cannot exceed a maximum file size of 2MB.
- Game Video: Depicts the Game’s functionality and gameplay
- Hosted on a publicly accessible, no password protected website. Game video is subject to the Official Rules of use mandated by the website where hosted.
- Business Plan: Description of your plans on how you’d get your project to market. Up to a maximum of 6,000 characters.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The total ARV of all prizes is $225,000 USD. Limit one (1) prize per Entry.
- Four (4) Grand Prizes – One (1) Grand Prize per category:
- Cloud-powered game – $100,000 USD (awarded pro rata to each Team member).
- PC game – $50,000 USD (awarded pro rata to each Team member).
- Mixed reality game – $50,000 USD (awarded pro rata to each Team member).
- Console game – $25,000 USD (awarded pro rata to each Team member).
- The Microsoft Dream.Build.Play 2017 Challenge starts on June 27, 2017, and ends on December 31, 2017, at 23:59:59 UTC.
- Microsoft Corporation will post the names of the winning Teams online at www.dreambuildplay.com. This list will remain posted for at least one month after the Challenge Period.
Link for More Information: