Sierra Nevada College is a private, liberal arts university known for its programs in entrepreneurship, environmental science, English and creative writing, ski business & resort management, fine arts and teacher education.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Students must have received a Bachelor’s degree in a field other than education.
- Students must be newly enrolled in a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program at a state-approved Nevada university.
- Students must pursue licensing in Elementary Education, Special Education, or Secondary Education in Math, Science, or English.
- Students must maintain good academic standing during the program and maintain employment in eligible Nevada public schools for five consecutive years after completion.
How to Apply:
Go through the given link to apply for the scholarship: http://www.sierranevada.edu/academics/teacher-education/master-of-arts-in-teaching-mat/teach-nevada-scholarship/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Recipients receive up to $3,000/semester (fall, winter/spring, and summer), not to exceed a total of $24,000.
- The student receives 75% of the award during each semester of attendance.
- The remaining 25% is deposited into a trust account established by the college for the student.
The deadline for proposals is 5:00 PM ET, on August 18, 2017.
Link for More Information: