The University of toronto is delighted to announce the availability of the 2018 University of Toronto Art and Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in canada, International students are welcome to apply
Application Deadline: 6th December, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Canada
Eligible Field of Study: Any research discipline across Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
- As these fellowships are designed for relatively recent graduates, candidates must have completed all requirements for their doctorate degree no earlier than May 1, 2016.
- Candidates cannot currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a college or university.
- Candidates may be citizens of any country, and from any university. Please note that successful international candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
- The application deadline is December 6, 2017, with start dates no earlier than May 1, 2018 and no later than December 1, 2018. Decisions will be made in mid-March 2018, and successful applications will have 6 weeks from the time the decisions are announced to accept or decline the fellowship.
- Fellowships are only tenable within FAS at the University of Toronto. Proposed supervisor(s) must have a tenure-track or tenured appointment in FAS (i.e., fully appointed at the St. George campus) at the University of Toronto.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: These fellowships pay a stipend of $45,000 per year
Duration of Scholarship: Maximum of two years.
How to Apply:
- Submit your CV and a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship application form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (firstname.lastname@example.org)The form includes a one page research proposal where you should describe your proposed research project and highlight the importance and impact of the research, and how this research fits into your academic goals. Please note that reference list or bibliography are not necessary for the proposal.
- Arrange for your proposed supervisor(s) to send the Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (email@example.com).
- Submit a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the space provided, please comment on the applicant’s research potential, the quality of the proposed research, the research environment and resources that will be available to the applicant, and how the fellowship will advance the applicant’s career development.
Award Provider: University of Toronto